Figure 8 & Endurance
Are ready to get your feet wet in the Figure 8 and Endurance Tournament that was started by the Legendary Banana George Blair? George was larger than life and the best ambassador of the sport of barefoot water skiing ever!
You don't need to be the best barefooter on the lake... you just need to have heart... like George!
SATURDAY is the Barefoot Figure 8 Tournament. Two footers go behind a boat driving a Figure 8 pattern in Lake Silver. Whoever stays up the longest moves on in the bracket, loser moves to loser bracket. Double Elimination.
SUNDAY is the Endurance challenge. The boat goes in a large circle and the laps are timed. Sudden Death Elimination.
Saturday Boom Division (Free entry, free t-shirt)
Boys and Girls 16 and under
Men and Women 17-64
Men and Women 65+
2020 Schedule of Events
Figure 8 - Saturday, October 24
8am – Skiers/Safety Meeting
830am - First Skier on water. Order: Juniors, Adults, Seniors
9am- Davie the DJ and Jared the Announcer start rocking!
9am - Mike Truelock starts chair massages ($1 a minute)
12pm - Box lunches arrive (with paid ticket or if you are a skier)
12pm - 1pm Boom Division
5pm - Box BBQ Dinners Arrive, Awards, Clean up
8pm - Logan Walter 21st Birthday BASH at World Barefoot Center
Endurance - Sunday, October 25
8am - Skiers Meeting
830am - First Skier on water
3pm – Awards, Clean up (everyone)
Bring a mask and practice social distancing!
Head-to-Head Rules (Saturday)
1. Deep water or step-off allowed
2. Must be on feet by start buoy
3. One re-ride for start will be offered for falls before start buoy
4. Re-ride will be given for boat driver errors at the discretion of the Chief Judge
5. Competitors agree on speed or speed is 38 mph
6. If a competitor concedes speed he gets choice of sides
7. If competitors agree on speed but not side, there will be a coin toss
8. If competitors agree on start method and can’t agree on sides, there will be a coin toss
9. If a one competitor uses a step off ski, the deep water start gets choice of sides
10. Crossing midline eliminates competitor
11. Tournament provides two 75-foot ropes w/wake handles
One footer, many circles (Sunday)
1. Competitor picks speed
2. Competitors are timed.
3. All competitors must do one complete wake cross each lap, after completion of the first lap. Driver will stop boat if not completed by start buoy.
4. If a skier completes FOUR laps the boat driver will begin to tighten the circle
4. Tournament provides one 75-foot rope w/wake handle
Saturday & Sunday
No butting out
Disputes handled by Chief Judge and decisions are final
Skiers must be ready on the starting dock or will be disqualified
No taping of feet except for real medical issue, seriously. (Appeals to Chief Safety)
No Clincher Gloves
Low Pole or Tower (No Super Fly High)
Trash Talk Encouraged